Test code: 7356; 7365
Effective update from 24/01/2020
SERUM + PLASMA EDTA 3mL
Version of Test: 18
1 tube 10 mL Frozen Plasma EDTA
1 tube 10 mL Frozen Plasma EDTA +
1 tube of Frozen Processed Platelets (see instructions below)
To perform the test it is essential the minimum time elapses from extraction to freezing due to possible RNA degradation (Freeze after separating/processing the samples is required).
REQUIRED PROCESSING PROTOCOL FOR PLATELY ANALYSIS
- Centrifuge 20 min at 120g.
- Collect the supernatant and transfer it to a lilac tube with EDTA (gently invert the tube).
- Centrifuge 5 min at 120g.
- Collect the supernatant and transfer it to a sterile 15ml tube.
- Centrifuge 20min at 360g.
- Keep the pellet obtained (corresponds to platelets).
- Freeze at -80ºC (if it cannot be at -80ºC then at -20ºC).
* For RNA analysis, acknowledging the lability of this molecule and its better preservation in platelets, we offer the possibility to perform the test with isolated platelets and plasma samples in parallel.
However, obtaining platelets involves a complex proccesing protocol and may not be possible for all extraction laboratories.
Plasma EDTA analysis is perfectly valid and reliable.
Version of Test: 19
Find the record of the test by clicking here